- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (milk or semisweet)
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a 9-inch square metal baking pan with 12 to 14-inch-long sheets of foil, letting excess hang over sides, and butter foil in pan.
Toss together 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup packed brow sugar, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 cup sweetened coconut, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Beat together 5 tablespoon of Butter, 1 large egg, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in another bowl, then stir into oat mixture until incorporated. Spoon batter into baking pan and pat evenly.
Bake in the middle of the oven until set, about 25 minutes. Remove from pan by lifting ends of foil. Cool on a rack, then cut.
The Bored Blogger